I lost a TON of weight in college and the few years after. But I did it the incredibly unhealthy way. And I'm not going to get into it here. I think my mom reads this. (HI MOM).
When I lost my job in 2009 I started running to save my sanity. And I fell in love with it. In May 2011 I ran in the Pittsburgh Half Marathon. Wow what an experience. That was the most fun I had in a long time. I was planning on running in it again in 2012, but right after I started training I found out I was pregnant. So for the last year I have done pretty much ZERO. Luckily I didn't gain a bunch of weight when I was pregnant but I lost every ounce of fitness and muscle tone I had gained in the previous years.
I've been watching what I eat, taking care to get lots more fruits and veggies, less crap, more whole foods, and getting as close to the original version of whatever food it is that I'm munching on. That's only going to get me so far though.
Today I decided to change that. I have an incredibly awesome treadmill in my garage that got me from running only when it was warm to running the Half Marathon. That's still stationary-I'm not ready for that yet. But I will be. Soon.
I decided to start out with a short leg and core workout. Phew. 15 minutes and I'm ready to die. It's amazing how much you lose in a year (although I gained SO MUCH in that same year). I have to time my workouts during Kitty's naps, which seem to be getting fewer and farther between. Until it gets a little warmer so I can put her in her baby-jail while I run I'm forced into the living room. That's okay-I get to watch her sweet little face in her swing while I sweat away the pudge. My goal is to run the Rock and Roll Half this August (providing there's still spots available when I have the money to sign up) and if not, I'll be doing the Pittsburgh Half next May.
So there you have it folks-it's time to get back the body that I had before my little Kitty. And it starts TODAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment